COMMODITY HEDGING AND PRICE RISK MANAGEMENT
April 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
( OPEN To ALL )
The program will cover :
- Insights into Indian Macro-economy and Commodity Intensity of growth;
- Fundamentals of Commodity Markets;
- Commodity Market Volatility and Need for Managing Price Risks;
- Management of Price Risk faced by Value Chain Participants through Hedging;
- Functions of a Commodity Futures Exchange and Regulatory Oversight;
- Trading System and Delivery Mechanism;
- Options Trading;
- Commodities as an Asset class etc.
- Followed by Q & A
Who should attend this Workshop?
Commodity value chain participants, input suppliers, raw material processors, , trading houses, exporters, importers, service providers (banking, finance, shipping, transportation, warehousing), investors, students as well as those dealing in agri-commodities, metals, energy products.
- Mr G. Chandrashekhar, Economic Advisor, IMC and Director IMC-ERTF
He is a global agribusiness and commodities market specialist and serves as an independent Member, SEBI Commodity Derivatives Advisory Committee and Member, SEBI Research Advisory Committee. He provides policy inputs for the government mainly through his columns in The Hindu Business Line newspaper and appearance on business television. He speaks on a range of topics including macro-economy, food and nutrition security, commodity market outlook and related topics; He has been training stakeholders on hedging and price risk management for two decades.
- V. Shunmugam: Head – Research, Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX)
He has about 20 years of accomplished unique professional experience encompassing diverse areas of commodities, debt and currency markets, financial services consultancy, risk advisory, treasury risk management and international commodity trade. His expanse of skill set includes setting up of risk management frame work, electronic surveillance mechanism, development of index products and development of business vertical in financial market and exchange services. Under his leadership, the Department of Research and Development, MCX, has successfully launched a number of research publications that facilitated widespread dissemination of knowledge and thereby inclusive development of the commodity derivatives market.
Registration is mandatory due to limited number of seats. We look forward to your participation. For more details kindly contact:
Ms. Mamta Khalsa at her email id: [email protected] , 9011384510.
Ms. Oindrilla Paul at her email id: [email protected] ,8657431357
Venue: Bombay Management Association, 9 Podar House, ‘A’ Road, Churchgate.