One important aspect of emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive, control and evaluate emotions – in oneself and others – and to use that information appropriately. For example, recognizing emotional intelligence in oneself can help you regulate and manage your emotions, while recognizing emotions in others can lead to empathy and success in your relationships, both personal and professional.
to enhance emotional competence of participants so that they are more productive and personally effective at work. The workshop delves around the areas of self-awareness, positive communication and influencing skills.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to understand the concepts of emotional competence and positive communication and influencing skills.
Who should attend Workshop?
This workshop will be useful for any professional or business person who is interested in self-growth
Introduction and micro-lab
- To orient participants to the programme and to explore the self-awareness quotient
- To understand what motivates individuals in the group and how does that affect the interpersonal relationship
- Exploring the concept of emotional intelligence using a psychometric tool and understanding the theoretical basis of the idea
- The first step towards emotional competence – identifying and experience through a group exercise
- Using theatre based techniques to enhance self-awareness and discussing the physiological link with emotions
- The second emotional competence – learning the concept and strengthening it in an experiential manner
- Using elements of non-violent communication through an exercise to explore ways of self-regulation and create choices
- The third emotional competence – Understanding the concept of self-motivation and learning tools to enhance it
- An exercise to strengthen and clarify self-motivation and release emotional intelligence for innovation and creativity
- The fourth step towards emotional competence – learning how to use emotional intelligence in a social/organizational context and translate it into behavioural competencies
- Conveying the impact of empathy and sensitivity through a group activity
- The final emotional competence – Understanding empathy using exercises based on non-violent communication
- Using a dyad-structure exercise to convey and receive empathy and understand the process of enhancing one’s empathy
Discovering one’s emotional intelligence
- Discussing the scores secured in the psychometric test at the beginning of the workshop and recognising one’s personal area of work
is seasoned organizational and leadership transformation professional and peace builder with over 18 years of global experience. She is currently based on Mumbai and is actively engaged with Exult Solution as Founder Director and Principal Consultant.