- This event has passed.
BMA Symposium on Management Research powered by IBS Business School, Mumbai
March 29 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
‘Research prompts action: Management education to Industry’
Bombay Management Association (BMA) has pioneered efforts aimed at enhancing managerial effectiveness and improving the standards of Business Management in India by way of organizing seminars, workshops and trainings on various subjects of Management by BMA. With aim to shed light on the importance of research in management education, BMA is proud to organize the first Symposium on Research on Management on 29th March, 2018 at IBS Mumbai.
The BMA Research Symposium powered by IBS Mumbai is a research paper competition. It will showcase and reward cutting-edge work undertaken by industry, academicians and students. The symposium will provide a venue and platform for presentation, discussion and exchange of information on recent research addressing various management issues and award good quality research undertaken to address prevalent industry concerns.
Research papers are invited under three categories:
The research papers will be adjudged by a jury of eminent members from field of management and industry. The best research work in each category will be announced and the three trophies, one in each category, will be given away in the symposium.
Who can participate?
Participation in the BMA Symposium will be through research paper submission or by way of attending as a delegate including researchers, academics, management consultants, corporate professionals, corporate trainers, government officials, representatives of think tanks, social service organizations, entrepreneurs, doctoral and master’s students in management and related disciplines. All attendees will benefit through:
- Learn and acquire cutting edge knowledge in various disciplines of management from reputed experts.
- Recognition of research work on this reputed platform as a participant and potentially receive award for contribution.
- Publication of a collection of best research submitted in an ISBN based Conference Proceedings.
- Platform to meet corporate professionals, entrepreneurs, academics, researchers, government and policy makers from the industry
The BMA Symposium on Management Research organizing committee welcomes research papers which are original, in that they are not currently under review, been accepted for publication or published elsewhere.
- Abstract of the research paper in Word Document (not more than 500 words)
- Full research paper in MS Word in Times New Roman format, font size 12 with single spacing and APA referencing for all citations. Maximum of 6000 words, including an abstract keywords, references, exhibits and appendices.
- Title / Cover page containing the details of Title of Paper, Name of Author(s), Contact Details (Organization, Address, email id, Phone Numbers).
- Abstracts can be submitted by email to Organizing Secretary at email address email@example.com as per the dates mentioned below.
Important Dates to remember:
- Last date for submission of abstracts extended to 17th March, 2018
- Communication of acceptance of abstracts extended to 20th March, 2018
- Last date of submission of full paper extended to 26th March, 2018
Each registered research scholar who attends the symposium in person or in absentia will be awarded a Certificate of Participation in one of the three above-mentioned categories. The award-winning contributions are eligible for an award-winning certificate and a cash award. All accepted research papers will be published in a Compendium with an ISBN number.
Key Note Lectures:
Eminent members from industry and academia will inaugurate the Symposium and deliver their key addresses. Additionally a panel discussion on the topic has been organized to get diverse views on the topic.
Broad structure of Program:
|5.00 p.m.||Welcome and Tea for invitees|
|5.15 p.m.||Inauguration of Symposium
Welcome address by Prof. Y.K.Bhushan
Address by Chief Guests
|6.15 p.m.||Panel Discussion : ‘Importance of Research in Management’ (suggested topic)|
|7.00 p.m.||Valedictory Address by BMA Chairman
Announcement of Winners in the three categories along with a 10 minutes presentation each:
|8.00 p.m.||Vote of Thanks|
Prof Y. K Bhushan, Senior Advisor & Campus Head, ICFAI Business School, Mumbai
For detailed enquiries, please feel free to call the undersigned
T: 91-22 22047650 / 22049698 / 22024743/22029615(D)
E: khadar.ark @bma-india.com