BMA INNOTHON 2019
February 21 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
What is INNOTHON?
INNOTHON is an initiative by Bombay Management Association (BMA) for our corporate member organizations to provide a platform for crowd sourcing of ideas,for any critical issues being faced by the organization or which can help organization stay ahead of the competition.
BMA will utilize young brains from MBA colleges for collaborating with the teams from sponsoring organizations to brainstorm and ﬁnd solutions to any given pressing challenge/complex problem being faced by the organization.
BMA Innothon Vision:
INNOTHON is an attempt of management students to evolve innovative solutions for the problem statements provided by India Inc. under the guidance of academicians and practicing leaders.
It is a tripartite collaborative venture of managers & leaders from the industry; professors and students of top notch management institutions of Mumbai, designed and empowered by BMA to innovate and provide sustainable solutions for business problems in a cost eﬀective manner with an ease of implementation.
32 Teams 8 Problem Statements
- Winner team : INR 1,00,000
- Runner up team : INR 50,000
- Six consolation prizes : INR 25,000
Participation fee for Corporates : INR 2,00,000
Important Dates/Key Milestones:
- Mega Launch: 17 Jan, 2019: Announcement of Teams and problem statements
Developmental Stage (for teams):
- Approach note submission :24 Jan, 2019
- Progress report submission:31 Jan, 2019
- Final presentation submission:21 Feb, 2019
Innothon Mega Drive: Presentations to the Jury: 18 to 19 Feb, 2019
Awards Ceremony: Declaration of Winners: 15 Feb, 2019
How It Works?
- Register your organization as a Sponsor. Participation fees for the corporate will be Rs 2 lacs.
- Orient Leadership team of the Sponsor on the principles and methodology for the Innothon.
- Create a small cross functional team in sponsoring organization and facilitate creating a baseline view for the speciﬁc problem statement & framing speciﬁc goals & approach for the initiative
Innothon Team Creation
- Each Sponsor’s problem statement will have four teams working on it for creative competitiveness. Each team will comprise of 4 students, 1-2 corporate members from Sponsoring organization and one academician as mentor. In a time-boxed scenario, teams are expected to work collaboratively to come up with novel solutions: they must brainstorm, prioritize, and make feasible prototypes and pitch their solution.
- BMA will facilitate to connect the student team and faculty with the organizational team so that they can work together during the preparation period.
- The teams start working on the Sponsor’s problem statement. They would ideate, develop and submit an approach note.
- Each team submits a progress report on the solution being developed
- Elimination Round : All teams showcase & present their innovative solution to a panel of jury. The Jury will comprise of two members from Sponsoring organization, one independent corporate member, one member from consulting Co. and One academician.
- Final Round : Top 8 teams sieze the opportunity to make ﬁnal presentation. The jury will comprise of three corporate members, one consulting company and one academician.
BMA is a Non-Proﬁt organization and works relentlessly to create platforms for bringing in best in the class practices in Management and Leadership through regular interaction between-the Corporate, Academia and Students. For running these programs, BMA needs resources which can be generated through such innovative initiatives. An ideal sponsor for the program would be, an organization which believes in futuristic and collaborative approach in business and is keen to invest in getting fresh ideas for their products, services and customer experiences by using high energy and creativity of young students in the most cost eﬀective manner. BMA Innothon is a unique initiative to break through organizational inertia and instill a more innovation driven culture. It oﬀers baptism by ﬁre: a short, intense plunge that assaults the senses and allows the students/employees/organizations to experience creative disruption in a visceral way. Only top 8 problem statements which meet the selection criteria will be chosen for participation in the event.
Organizations interested in this “ﬁrst-of-its kind” initiative need to contact below concerned immediately for enrolling and further details of the program. [email protected]
Mamta Khalsa +91-9011384510
Laxmi Gupta +91-7738149513
Board +91-22 22047650/9698/ 22024743