Theme: ‘Digital Transformation of Business’ (Finance / HR / Marketing / Sales/ Operations)
Digital business initiatives are transforming the face of business today, across the entire gamut of products and services, in each and every functional domain, irrespective of whether the companies are large MNCs, domestic industrial/service companies or mid- and small-size companies, in all segments of the economy.
Leading this digital transformation are the strategy-oriented CEOs of the companies, assisted by the disruptive initiatives of leading IT experts, either from within the companies or from large IT companies of the World. ‘The Internet of Everything’ is creating unprecedented opportunities for industries, and business to become digital.
But who will implement these initiatives on the ground?
Young Managers, most probably in their early thirties or even in twenties, will lead the way in transforming Indian business from here and now to digitally driven businesses, leading to unprecedented customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and higher profitability.
Bombay Management Association would like to invite such young managers from all types of industry domains, as also young faculty members of educational institutes, both management and technology/engineering, to participate in a competition leading to winning the Young Managers Cup,2015-16.
The participants may submit case studies from their own experience in undertaking a digital transformation project in their present company / institute or any previous employer, covering any one area of the following aspects of business, which on implementation had resulted in significant improvement in business efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction:
1. Customer facing applications, e.g. customer relationship management; mobile-based Apps for various customer services; big data analytics for customer segmentation and for improving customer satisfaction; mobile-based e-commerce business etc.
2. Operational applications, e.g. supply chain ,in procurement function, B2B online market places, inventory management, SAP/ERP implementation in digitizing traditional operational processes, working capital management/finance management thru’ online processes; ebanking, e-money in financial sector etc.
3. Back-office applications, e.g. software-as-a-service – outsourcing to cloud service, accounting, human resources, customer service, billing and procurement etc.
4. Smart production applications, using Internet of Everything (IoE), to reduce machine downtime, improving production efficiency etc.
5. Digital marketing, including social media marketing, consumer research, on-line media
Tuesday, 15th March 2016
9.30 am to 5.30 pm
BMA Conference Room, 9, Podar House, ‘A’ Road · Churchgate · Mumbai 400020
Terms and Conditions:
1. The participants should be 35 years of age or less.
2. The participants from industry may be from any of the functional areas in the company where they are employed – Production, Operations, Sales & Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, HR, Finance & Accounts etc. They need not have a formal management qualification, but should be in supervisory/managerial position, controlling some parts of
product/process- related activities.
3. For academicians, faculty from any level of the Institutes may participate in the competition, as long as they meet the age criteria and are involved in teaching and research in the areas covering digital transformation of business.
4. They may be from SME, Mid-size and large Manufacturing and Services Industries or from any industry vertical.
5. The participants will compete either singly or in a team of up to two members, for the case study presented by them for the competition.
6. Each participating team will be required to submit online / via email, a short write-up on the submitted case study, covering some aspect of digital management (500 words or less) and a 2-minutes video presentation by the participant/s on the same, before 15th February, 2016. The Employer of the participants will be required to sponsor/certify the submission by the participants.
7. Each participating team will be required to pay participation fees as mentioned below
o Member Corporates / Institutions – Rs. 4000/- per team.
o Non-member Corporates / Institutions – Rs. 5000/- per team.
8. An eminent jury with substantial expertise in management and technology will evaluate all submissions and short-list 10 or more participants who will appear in the Finals, leading to the Winner. Each team in the Finals will make a formal presentation on their case study and will answer questions from the Panel and the audience.
9. The Winner / Winning Teams will receive the Winner’s Rolling Trophy, and a Certificate. Runner Ups will receive a special certificate. All other participants will receive certificates.